This is a cylindrical box formed of two pieces of wood turned on the lathe. These pieces fit together by way of a tronco-conical reduction in the bottom part, in which the lid fits. It was found around 1945 when the altar was dismantled. It was full of relics identified with strips of parchment, and wrapped in cloth. Relics containers made of turned wood are plentiful in the diocese of Vic, although none have been found with a shape identical to this one. This piece and others like it are virtually the only local evidence of a very important early-mediaeval form of craftsmanship, that of wood turning, which most early- and late-mediaeval dishes were examples of.
Consecration of the altar